There seems to be a lot of stuff going on, so I thought I'd do a quick list of things I'm tracking:
- Treedia Labs has started a beta of Podcast.com.
- Quick review at Gizmodo on the Elgato Turbo.264 Hardware H.264 Encoder.
- Amazon MP3 has DRM free music for purchase.
- Lifehacker on Gmail Mobile 1.5.
- Bias has released Peak Pro XT audio production suite which includes SoundSoap Pro and Master Perfection Suite.
- Sound Ideas has released a new version of their Podcasting Production Toolkit 2 with over 500 audio elements, music, and sound effects.
- The October 2007 edition of Blogger & Podcaster magazine is out.
I think #1 is important because if the domain becomes a popular user site then it will be a great site to promote material.
I am interested in #2 because it could save time in post production for any video podcasts.
#3 is cool because I hate DRM solutions for most of new media.
I think #4 should be tracked to see what effect the new version has on consumption of new media products as they move from the web to email. What does your content look like from RSS reader to a forwarded email that ends up on Gmail mobile? Could you make it better?
I added #5 because not everyone is happy with Audacity. Here is an option that might fit your style better.
The pointer to #6 is because you might want some new sounds in your library.
And you should check out #7 because it is full of great information.