New Version of Audacity and Pointer For Conference Recording
January 31, 2009
There is a new version of Audacity v1.3.7 (beta) and I've loaded it up on my Mac Book Pro. I used it to mix down the Jersey Boys Podcast #66 without any issues. I've been using the previous version - v1.3.6 (beta) - without any major problems, and I consider this release to be production quality.
Some of what I think are the most important fixes and updates include:
- Fixed periodic exported stereo files issues
- Fixes for Nyquist effects, Compressor and Noise Removal
- Fixed WAV corrupted issue related toi overwriting the same file
- MP3 and WMA now export correctly with all supported metadata
- Platform-specific bugs for: Vista, Windows, Mac, Linux
- Improved F11 Full Screen mode
- Improved Windows DirectSound API support
- Improved latency correction using fixed correction value
Another Audacity related item of potential interest, is that the audio for my presentation at the New Media Expo 2007 has been posted to the Podcast Academy site. Here is a link to the PDF slides and a screencast QuickTime movie of the slides.
You might have a pretty good online training experience listening to the audio from the Podcast Academy site and watching the QuickTime Movie at the same time.